Creating a story for chatbot
Written by usamanoman
Posted On Nov, 28, 2016
1) Log into your account on Botsify and from the dashboard select the chatbot for which you want to create a story.
2) Once you have selected the chatbot, you will need to go to "New Story" from the left navigation menu.
3) On the “New Story” page you will be presented with dialogue boxes and you will have to carry out a conversation to program the chatbot.
4) On the left, you have the user's dialogue box and on the right, you have the chatbot's dialogue box.
In the user's dialogue box you will notice that there are 3 options:
- Keyword Match,
- Phrase Match, and
- Entities Match
Keyword Match will check whether the given word exists in the user's sentence.
Phrase Match will match the exact phrase with the user's sentence.
Entity Match will check whether the given entity exists in the user's sentence.
If you select Phrase Match you will notice an input field which says "Add similar responses". Here you can write additional phrases which are related to the original phrase.
Now let's take a look at the chatbot dialogue box. There are a couple of things in this.
First, the input field "Bot Says" which allows you to write the response you want your chatbot to give.
Beside it, is a Variables button. This contains variables such as user's first name, last name and last user message. You can use these variables in your response.
Add alternate responses allows you to write other possible responses which are related to the original response.
Last but not the least, is the quick reply. To know more about Quick Replies you can read it here.
There are few options below the chatbot dialogue box.
- Bot Says: Adds a new chatbot dialogue box
- Send Media Block: Lets you select an existing media block
- Add Story: Lets you connect an existing story
- Plugins: Lets you add plugins in the story
Lets take an example in order to get familiarize with story creation:Lets take an example in order to get familiarize with story creation: In the user dialogue box select phrase match and write "Hello" and your response will be “Hey! How may I help you?”
After all of the responses have been designed, your chatbot will be complete. You can now scroll to the top and click on the “Save” button to save your story.
You can test this story like this